Removing All Conditions of Stay & Becoming a 'Hong Kong Belonger'

Please select the social network you want to share this page with:

How To Apply

You must be physically in Hong Kong when you make an application for Unconditional Stay status. If you require an extension to your current period of stay you submit your application via the 5/F. If you do not require such an extension you can send it via the post or deliver it by hand to the 2/F Receipt & Dispatch Unit.

If you are a ‘walk-in’ applicant on the 5/F, you present yourself at counter numbers 1 and 2, take a ticket and wait to be called. If you have made an appointment via the internet, you present at counter number 3. To make an appointment via the internet, please visit ImmD’s website at:

There is a daily quota applicable to walk in applicants so there is merit in pre-booking an appointment, otherwise try to visit in the morning.

Approvals are subsequently notified by mail and the applicant will be asked to present himself to finalise approval formalities.

Submit to
ID 91

ID235B for children
born in Hong Kong
(issued by the Birth Registry)