New Content Daily Sign Up Here

Your Questions Answered

QOTW: Under What Conditions is it Possible to Apply for an Early Extension to a Hong Kong Investment Visa?

April 7th, 2014

Posted in Investment Visas, The Hong Kong Visa Geeza, Your Question Answered /


What will ImmD make of an early request for the extension of a Hong Kong investment visa?

Watch this video on YouTube.


Hello Stephen,

I am 7 months into my first 12 month stint of an investment employment visa. 

I am looking to move into a new apartment and the landlord is requesting a minimum of 12 months remaining on any visa.

Nothing has changed in my circumstances since my application was approved 7 months ago.

Am I able to apply for an extension to my current visa at this early stage and if so, should it be straight forward?

More Stuff You May Find Useful or Interesting

Is 50 days a particularly long time to process a Hong Kong employment visa application?

I possess an APEC Business Travel Card – will it advantage me in my Hong Kong investment visa application?

10 Must Have resources for a Hong Kong legal dependant visa application

Can an offshore company sponsor a Hong Kong employment visa application?

What’s a suitable Hong Kong visa & immigration strategy for a highly accomplished professional trailing unmarried partner?


Please select the social network you want to share this page with:

The Hong Kong Visa Geeza (a.k.a Stephen Barnes) is a co-founder of the Hong Kong Visa Centre and author of the Hong Kong Visa Handbook. A law graduate of the London School of Economics, Stephen has been practicing Hong Kong immigration since 1993 and is widely acknowledged as the leading authority on business immigration matters here for the last 24 years.

Handbook Contents
Professional Service Options...