New Content Daily Sign Up Here

Your Questions Answered

Hong Kong Visas for Aged Parents – What Options Exist for Elderly Parents of Temporary Residents Here?

November 12th, 2019

Posted in Special Programmes, The Hong Kong Visa Geeza, Visitor Visas, Your Question Answered /


First Published October 8, 2013

Hong Kong visas for aged parents – the options for long stay visas for elderly parents of non-permanent residents here are quite limited…



I’m married (Singaporean) and working for a major financial institution here in Hong Kong right now.

I have a working visa.

My mother 60 yrs old (Singaporean) has been living with us since March ’13, exiting every 3 months out of the country to renew her stay.

We would like to get her a long stay visa of some sort so we don’t have to worry about her getting stopped at immigration.

Could you please advise if there are any Hong Kong visas for aged parents that we could apply for, for her?


More Stuff You May Find Useful or Interesting

Why would you choose Unconditional Stay after 7 years when the right of abode is available instead?

The 4 essential aspects of a Capital Investment Entrant Scheme visa approval

How can you establish your bona fides as a non-business frequent visitor to Hong Kong?

Will the Hong Kong Immigration Department extend your visitor visa if you ask them to?

Hong Kong visas – the long stay visitor’s awkward predicament




Please select the social network you want to share this page with:

The Hong Kong Visa Geeza (a.k.a Stephen Barnes) is a co-founder of the Hong Kong Visa Centre and author of the Hong Kong Visa Handbook. A law graduate of the London School of Economics, Stephen has been practicing Hong Kong immigration since 1993 and is widely acknowledged as the leading authority on business immigration matters here for the last 24 years.

Handbook Contents
Professional Service Options...