New Content Daily Sign Up Here

Your Questions Answered

If I Hold an Employment Visa in Macau and Hong Kong Simultaneously But Live in Hong Kong Should My Wife Get a Dependant Visa for Macau too?

December 13th, 2019

Posted in Employment Visas, Family Visas, Long Stay & PR, The Hong Kong Visa Geeza, Your Question Answered /


Life can get a bit complicated if you work in 2 places at the same time…


I work for a Hong Kong company in Macau and my wife is my dependent in Hong Kong where we live.

My colleague was the same but has now been employed by a Macau company.

Does this change his wife’s dependency status in Hong Kong?

And should she become a dependent in Macau?

He is, as myself, a Hong Kong resident.


More Stuff You May Find Useful or Interesting

How can my FDH visa holding fiance transition into a dependant visa with 6-12 months to run before we get married?

Why do some Hong Kong visa applications take months to finalise (if ever?)

The economy at home is very bad – what investment visa options exist for you in Hong Kong?

Is the Travel Pass as good as a Hong Kong employment visa?

The reality for same sex partner visa applicants in Hong Kong




Please select the social network you want to share this page with:

The Hong Kong Visa Geeza (a.k.a Stephen Barnes) is a co-founder of the Hong Kong Visa Centre and author of the Hong Kong Visa Handbook. A law graduate of the London School of Economics, Stephen has been practicing Hong Kong immigration since 1993 and is widely acknowledged as the leading authority on business immigration matters here for the last 24 years.

Handbook Contents
Professional Service Options...