New Content Daily Sign Up Here

Your Questions Answered

Employment in Hong Kong as a Professional or an Imported Worker – Which Are You?

September 16th, 2015

Posted in Employment Visas, Special Programmes, The Hong Kong Visa Geeza, Your Question Answered /


There is often confusion between employment in Hong Kong as a Professional or an Imported Worker – this post seeks to clear this up…


First of all I want to say that your website is amazing, easy to understand with relevant information.

My question might be very simple but I cannot find the answer myself.

I need to apply for a working visa, I found that there’s two forms one is ‘Employment as Imported Workers’ and the other is ‘ID990A as professional’.

I only have a Diploma or certificate from my country which may not be a tertiary education and is not a degree in other area which is technical, I have experience in customer service, customer care, reception, and hostels back home and in Australia and now I have the opportunity to unfold myself and work in a hostel in Hong Kong.

In which category am I, what is the best I can do.

More Stuff You May Find Useful or Interesting

GOV website – how to apply under the Supplementary Labour Scheme

A brief overview of the Hong Kong Supplementary Labour Scheme (importation of foreign workers)

isa Geeza on RTHK Radio Three

Sign Up for the 100% Free Hong Kong Visa Extension Kit

Sign Up for the 100% Free Hong Kong Visa D-I-Y Kit




Please select the social network you want to share this page with:

The Hong Kong Visa Geeza (a.k.a Stephen Barnes) is a co-founder of the Hong Kong Visa Centre and author of the Hong Kong Visa Handbook. A law graduate of the London School of Economics, Stephen has been practicing Hong Kong immigration since 1993 and is widely acknowledged as the leading authority on business immigration matters here for the last 24 years.

Handbook Contents
Professional Service Options...