IANG Work Visa for Non-Local Graduates
If you’re a non-local graduate looking to kickstart your career in Hong Kong, you will be eligible to apply for the Immigration Arrangements for Non-local Graduates (IANG) work visa.
The IANG work visa was established in 2008 to attract and retain highly skilled professionals, contributing to Hong Kong’s competitive edge as an international business hub. In this comprehensive guide, we will walk you through the eligibility criteria, application process, and the benefits of obtaining an IANG work visa.
IANG Work Visa – Who is Eligible?
Under the IANG, non-local graduates can apply for an employment visa under a liberalized approvability test. The eligibility depends on the time elapsed since the applicant’s graduation:
- Fresh Graduates: Non-local graduates who submit applications within six months of their graduation date are classified as “fresh graduates.” They are not required to secure a job offer as part of their application, and the approval is almost guaranteed, provided they meet the necessary criteria.
- Returning Graduates: Non-local graduates who submit applications after six months of their graduation date are classified as “returning graduates.” They must secure a job offer in Hong Kong to obtain an employment visa. The applications are favorably considered as long as the job is suitable and the remuneration package is set at market levels.
Application Process for the IANG Work Visa
For Fresh Graduates:
- Submitting Your Application: The application for an employment visa under IANG can be submitted online through the Immigration Department’s (ImmD) online application submission portal.
- Approvability Test: Fresh graduates must provide proof of graduation within the six-month limit.
- Consideration Process: The consideration process primarily occurs through email and/or fax. The processing time typically ranges between four to six weeks. Once approved, the ImmD will send a notice informing the applicant and provide an Approval Letter.
- Visa Duration: Upon approval, the initial period of stay under the employment visa granted through IANG is 24 months. The visa can be extended for three years, following the 2-3-3 year pattern, as long as the applicant continues to meet the necessary criteria.
For Returning Graduates:
- Submitting Your Application: Returning graduates can also submit their application online through the ImmD’s online portal.
- Approvability Test: Returning graduates must provide proof of graduation with no time limit and an offer of employment in Hong Kong that is commensurate with their education level and offers a remuneration package set at market levels.
- Consideration Process: The consideration process for returning graduates is similar to fresh graduates, with a processing time of four to six weeks.
- Visa Duration: The initial period of stay under the employment visa for returning graduates is also 24 months, extendable following the 2-3-3 year pattern.
Benefits of Obtaining an IANG Work Visa
One of the key advantages of the IANG work visa is the flexibility it offers. Holders of employment visas issued under IANG can change employers without needing prior approval from ImmD. This flexibility allows visa holders to explore different career opportunities and contribute to Hong Kong’s diverse workforce.
IANG Work Visa – Refusal & Appeal Process
In the event of an application denial, applicants can start the appeal process with a formal request for Reconsideration. Necessary documents such as recent photographs, passport details, graduation certificates, and proof of academic qualifications/transcripts need to be provided for the appeal.
How to Apply for an IANG Work Visa
To apply for an IANG work visa, visit the Immigration Department’s online application submission portal. Make sure to carefully follow the instructions and provide all the required documents, including proof of graduation and job offer, depending on whether you are a fresh or returning graduate.
For detailed information and guidance on the application process, you can visit ImmD’s official website.
IANG Work Visa – The Last Word
Obtaining an IANG work visa opens up exciting career opportunities for non-local graduates in Hong Kong. With a streamlined application process and attractive benefits like flexibility in changing employers and bringing dependents, the IANG work visa is an excellent immigration mechanums.
To ensure a smooth application process for a non-local graduate visa in Hong Kong, it’s important to consult the Hong Kong Visa Handbook website. This valuable resource contains two essential documents that you should download and review: the Hong Kong Non-Local Graduates Visa Information and the Hong Kong Non-Local Graduates Checklist.
Additionally, the Handbook offers Non-Local Graduate Visa Application Templates specifically designed for non-local graduates and useful insights into What the Immigration Department Look for When Establishing the ‘Bones Fides’ of a Hong Kong Employer as a Suitable Credible Sponsor Under the Immigration Arrangements for Non-Local Graduates.
More Stuff You May Find Useful or Interesting
How To Cure Your Hong Kong Visa Extension Headache And Make Sure It Gets Approved The Very First Time