New Content Daily Sign Up Here

Your Questions Answered

Divorced? How Can You Prove That You Have Lawful Custody of Minor Children if You Wish to Bring Them to Hong Kong to Live With You?

April 17th, 2018

Posted in Family Visas, The Hong Kong Visa Geeza, Your Question Answered /


In a blended family situation, the question often arises about how to secure Hong Kong immigration status for children from a previous relationship…



I’m a Korean married to a resident here, so eventually will have a dependant visa.

The question is, what is the process for getting a dependant visa for my 16-year old daughter from a previous marriage? 

We went to the Immigration Department and they asked for a “custody certificate?”

Where should and how should I get it? Please advise. Thank you very much.

More Stuff You May Find Useful or Interesting

Blended, unmarried, non-traditional family with school-age kids – what Hong Kong visa choices exist?

Hong Kong employment and same sex partner visas – a joint application strategy

Married to a PHKID card holder overseas – the Hong Kong visa situation for the foreign national spouse

My girlfriend is in detention prior to removal – if I marry her will she be able to get a Hong Kong dependant visa?

How to gee up a Hong Kong visa application that is taking a long time to process




Please select the social network you want to share this page with:

The Hong Kong Visa Geeza (a.k.a Stephen Barnes) is a co-founder of the Hong Kong Visa Centre and author of the Hong Kong Visa Handbook. A law graduate of the London School of Economics, Stephen has been practicing Hong Kong immigration since 1993 and is widely acknowledged as the leading authority on business immigration matters here for the last 24 years.

Handbook Contents
Professional Service Options...