Arrangements for Accompanying Family Members

Visa Overview

Since September 19, 2018 Dependant Visas are now granted to heterosexual or same sex partners who are legally married or otherwise parties to a civil union or partnership.

Unlike many jurisdictions, Hong Kong does not recognize unmarried or unofficial partners as dependants.

However, there is one way you can bring your ‘common law’ spouse into Hong Kong.

The Visa Information document will give you more detailed information. You can then learn how to Prepare Your Case.

To assist you, a Document Check List is provided along with a Podcast Discussion of the reasons for the documents requested.

Moreover, we have included suitable Application Templates, together with the Application Forms and a useful Video Guide to help you complete those forms.

This section will show you How To Apply.

If you’re looking to extend your Defacto spouse visa, download our helpful Visa Extension Kit here.

Finally, you may find this Podcast Discussion useful in assessing your case.

Handbook Contents
Professional Service Options...