New Content Daily Sign Up Here

Your Questions Answered

What Visa Options Exist Where a Couple Have Met On-line & They Wish to Live Together in Hong Kong?

July 6th, 2022

Posted in Employment Visas, Family Visas, Investment Visas, The Hong Kong Visa Geeza, Visitor Visas, Your Question Answered /


First Published May 23, 2018

So, what would the Hong Kong Immigration Department make of a relationship forged via the Internet?



Hello, I’m resident in Peru,  South America.

I met a Hong Kong woman by chat; she lives in Hong Kong.

We have been planning for me to go there and stay, only problem is that she’s still legally married.

Which would be my best option to get a permanent visa there so that we can live together in Hong Kong?

Get a job?  Can I be her dependant?

If she gets a divorce I can marry her and get the visa?

Any help or article you point me to read will be a big help.

I have been looking for an answer for a long time and I can’t find it.


More Stuff You May Find Useful or Interesting

What type of visa do you think you need for Hong Kong?

I have an employment visa and want to bring my girlfriend to Hong Kong – options please?

What are your Hong Kong visa options if your marriage has irretrievably broken down and you hold a dependant visa?

I am an independant contractor not an employee – can I get an employment visa as an inter-company transferee?

Extending your Hong Kong dependant visa after divorce




Please select the social network you want to share this page with:

The Hong Kong Visa Geeza (a.k.a Stephen Barnes) is a co-founder of the Hong Kong Visa Centre and author of the Hong Kong Visa Handbook. A law graduate of the London School of Economics, Stephen has been practicing Hong Kong immigration since 1993 and is widely acknowledged as the leading authority on business immigration matters here for the last 24 years.

Handbook Contents
Professional Service Options...