New Content Daily Sign Up Here

Your Questions Answered

What Paperwork (If Any) Goes Into Your Passport to Recognize that You Are a Hong Kong Permanent Resident?

October 20th, 2022

Posted in Long Stay & PR, The Hong Kong Visa Geeza, Your Question Answered /


Dead simple question this one with a very short answer (for a change!)


What paperwork/ piece of paper, if any, goes in to your passport to recognize that you are a permanent resident of the HKSAR? 

For the last 7 years I’ve had a dependant visa

I need to know as I have one page left in my passport. 

And will immigration take my passport away to facilitate me getting permanent residency?

More Stuff You May Find Useful or Interesting

Will you qualify for the right of abode if it is not your intention to live here permanently?

How can I regain the right of abode in Hong Kong if I have been downgraded to the right to land?

How to apply for PR in Hong Kong without any professional help – paperwork, process, patience…

Applying for permanent residence in Hong Kong – all you need to know!

Am I compelled to apply for PR in Hong Kong after 7 years or can I maintain the status quo of my current residence visa?




Please select the social network you want to share this page with:

The Hong Kong Visa Geeza (a.k.a Stephen Barnes) is a co-founder of the Hong Kong Visa Centre and author of the Hong Kong Visa Handbook. A law graduate of the London School of Economics, Stephen has been practicing Hong Kong immigration since 1993 and is widely acknowledged as the leading authority on business immigration matters here for the last 24 years.

Handbook Contents
Professional Service Options...