New Content Daily Sign Up Here

Your Questions Answered

QOTW: If I Get a Hong Kong Investment Visa Can I Consult to a Single Client Only as a Pseudo-Employee?

May 25th, 2015

Posted in Employment Visas, Investment Visas, The Hong Kong Visa Geeza, Your Question Answered /


Just how ‘flexible is the Hong Kong investment visa?


I’m Swedish and currently in the process of applying for a Hong Kong investment visa.

In addition, I have an interview for a consulting position with another organization. They will not support me with an employment visa and have asked me if I can also work with an investment visa.

The answer I got from immigration was that I cannot take up a full-time position when holding only an investment visa and that I should instead apply for a work visa. I was wondering if there is any possibility or workaround?

The consulting position is related to my start-up, so I thought about asking the organization to contract my company as a consultant.

I would appreciate your advice on my case.

More Stuff You may Find Useful or Interesting

Hong Kong investment visa applications – what’s involved?

One man investment visas for Hong Kong – the challenges you face

Business plan template for a Hong Kong investment visa (?)

How to apply for a Hong Kong investment visa without any professional help

How can Mainlanders establish businesses in Hong Kong under the General Employment Policy?


Please select the social network you want to share this page with:

The Hong Kong Visa Geeza (a.k.a Stephen Barnes) is a co-founder of the Hong Kong Visa Centre and author of the Hong Kong Visa Handbook. A law graduate of the London School of Economics, Stephen has been practicing Hong Kong immigration since 1993 and is widely acknowledged as the leading authority on business immigration matters here for the last 24 years.

Handbook Contents
Professional Service Options...