New Content Daily Sign Up Here

Your Questions Answered

How Hard is it to Transfer From a Hong Kong Working Holiday Visa to a Full Employment Visa?

April 24th, 2020

Posted in Employment Visas, The Hong Kong Visa Geeza, Your Question Answered /


You know how it is… you arrive in Hong Kong for a year of fun and adventure and then you want to stay…



Hi there!

I’m an Australian citizen in Hong Kong, working under a working holiday visa which only permits me to work 3 months per employer.

Is the only way around this to be sponsored by my employer or can I transfer to another visa?

I presume it’s quite expensive and tricky to be sponsored for an employment visa by a company – is that true?

Thanks in advance for your help! 

More Stuff You May Find Useful or Interesting

Is the Travel Pass as good as a Hong Kong working visa?

Why applying for a Foreign Domestic Helper visa for your girlfriend is NOT a good idea

Eligibility criteria for the Hong Kong working holiday visa

I want to live in Hong Kong with my boyfriend – is the working holiday visa a good option?

Am I allowed to work full time in Hong Kong even though I only have a one year working holiday visa?




Please select the social network you want to share this page with:

The Hong Kong Visa Geeza (a.k.a Stephen Barnes) is a co-founder of the Hong Kong Visa Centre and author of the Hong Kong Visa Handbook. A law graduate of the London School of Economics, Stephen has been practicing Hong Kong immigration since 1993 and is widely acknowledged as the leading authority on business immigration matters here for the last 24 years.

Handbook Contents
Professional Service Options...