New Content Daily Sign Up Here


Can You Expect ImmD to Readily Approve a Hong Kong Work Visa Application Just Because the Applicant is a Child of the Owner of the Sponsoring Business?

November 22nd, 2015

Posted in Employment Visas, Musing, The Hong Kong Visa Geeza /


Hong Kong work visa application. What do ImmD make of applications for employment visas where the sponsoring business is owned by the visa applicant’s parent?



I have a limited company and I would like to bring my son up from Australia to be my right hand man.

He is well qualified for the role I would give him (including a degree from a top 100 university) and relevant work experience/employment in Australia.

I do not want to employ anyone else as I see myself passing the reins to him in the not too distant future.

I would love to know your thoughts on this and the best way to go about it.

More Stuff You May Find Useful or Interesting

I am an independent contractor in Hong Kong not an employee – can I get an intercompany transferee employment visa?

Hong Kong investment visas – three case examples that would not get approved

Can I come to Hong Kong to install equipment without an employment visa?

I have a socially advantageous yet modestly capitalized business plan for Hong Kong – will I get an investment visa?

What’s the situation about the need for business premises as part of your Hong Kong investment visa application?




Please select the social network you want to share this page with:

The Hong Kong Visa Geeza (a.k.a Stephen Barnes) is a co-founder of the Hong Kong Visa Centre and author of the Hong Kong Visa Handbook. A law graduate of the London School of Economics, Stephen has been practicing Hong Kong immigration since 1993 and is widely acknowledged as the leading authority on business immigration matters here for the last 24 years.

Handbook Contents
Professional Service Options...