What Hong Kong Immigration Consultants Like To Keep Quiet About …
Lifting The Lid
[Looking around furtively…]
Shussh… You are probably paying Hong Kong immigration consultants too much for your Hong Kong visa service.
It’s true, and here’s the reason why.
Hard vs Easy
Your ‘easy’ Hong Kong visa application costs just as much as a ‘hard’ or ‘very hard’ case – yet Hong Kong immigration consultants generally do not distinguish them.
They are all just ‘cases’.
Those that go through quickly and easily are super-profitable for Hong Kong immigration consultants and those that need strident arguments barely break even.
We know this because our 30 years of experience in the Hong Kong immigration services business tells us the following:
Case Experience Generally
– 70% of Hong Kong visa cases tend to be merely administrative in nature and 30% need to be aggressively argued.
– Of the cases that need arguing, 50% require a lot of work and 50% somewhat less work.
– Hong Kong immigration consultants typically charge flat fees irrespective of complexity.
– Hong Kong immigration consultants and visa consultancies are not able to advise a client theirs is an ‘easy’ case for fear of mis-setting expectations.
– Moreover, at the point of agreeing a fee, Hong Kong immigration consultants are not in a position to know if a case will in fact be easy or hard as they have not yet opened a file, read all the available papers nor understood the full case background.
This all means that easy cases inadvertently end up subsidising the hard ones and the majority of clients end up paying for the privilege!
How Can You Know?
Clients are not in a position to know the true level of complexity of their case and so justify the size of their payment as a fee for convenience, service and peace of mind.
There’s nothing wrong with this of course.
It’s a perfectly ethical way to provide an immigration service and tens of thousands of Hong Kong clients every year get good results from Hong Kong immigration consultants and are very pleased with the service.
A Better Way
But there is an alternative.
It’s why I publish this Blog 4-5 times each week.
And wrote the Hong Kong Visa Handbook.
I published Hong Kong Visa Sherpa for companies with more than one hundred employees.
And launched VisaGeeza.Ai – all 100% Free.
More Stuff You May Find Useful or Interesting