New Content Daily Sign Up Here

Your Questions Answered

QOTW: Can I Easily Swap Back to a Hong Kong Investment Visa from an Employment Visa Once Again?

August 24th, 2014

Posted in Employment Visas, Investment Visas, The Hong Kong Visa Geeza, Your Question Answered /


Entrepreneur to employee and then back to being an entrepreneur again – what will the Hong Kong Immigration Department make of this scenario…?

Watch this video on YouTube.



I was on an investment visa for a year when I started my own business and then took on a full time role with another company.  I was then transferred to an employment visa

I am now considering leaving this role and going back to actively work in my business. 

Can I apply for an investment visa for a second time or does it simply get transferred to my own company as an employment visa?

More Stuff You May Find Useful or Interesting

10 Must Have resources for any Hong Kong investment visa application

Is there any special visa type for foreign national visa professionals seeking to live and freelance in Hong Kong?

The challenge of visa approvability for freelance writers and reporters in Hong Kong

Freelance consulting in Hong Kong – can you get a visa?

What are you really buying from a Hong Kong immigration consultant?


Please select the social network you want to share this page with:

The Hong Kong Visa Geeza (a.k.a Stephen Barnes) is a co-founder of the Hong Kong Visa Centre and author of the Hong Kong Visa Handbook. A law graduate of the London School of Economics, Stephen has been practicing Hong Kong immigration since 1993 and is widely acknowledged as the leading authority on business immigration matters here for the last 24 years.

Handbook Contents
Professional Service Options...