New Content Daily Sign Up Here

Your Questions Answered

Iranian National Studying in China – Does He Need A Visa to Visit Hong Kong?

August 9th, 2019

Posted in The Hong Kong Visa Geeza, Visitor Visas, Your Question Answered /


There is quite often confusion surrounding the interplay between China and Hong Kong immigration laws and processes so this question from an Iranian national studying in Beijing, provides an opportunity to address this issue here on the Visa Geeza blog.


“Hi, this is Danush from Iran.

I’m studying in Beijing and I plan go to Hong Kong for a  summer vacation.

My question is this: Do I need apply for a visa to visit Hong Kong or not? I heard from some friends, that if I hold a student (Chinese) X Visa then I don’t need a Hong Kong visa.  Is this true?

Thanks a lot”

More Stuff You May Find Interesting or Useful

Hong Kong visitor visa information

Preparing an application for a Hong Kong Visitor visa

How to apply for a Hong Kong Visitor visa

Will any time spent in Hong Kong as a Visitor count towards the magic seven years for the right of abode?

Employment ended? What visa options do you have to stay in Hong Kong for another 2 years to get your permanent residency?




Please select the social network you want to share this page with:

The Hong Kong Visa Geeza (a.k.a Stephen Barnes) is a co-founder of the Hong Kong Visa Centre and author of the Hong Kong Visa Handbook. A law graduate of the London School of Economics, Stephen has been practicing Hong Kong immigration since 1993 and is widely acknowledged as the leading authority on business immigration matters here for the last 24 years.

Handbook Contents
Professional Service Options...