New Content Daily Sign Up Here

Your Questions Answered

How Can I Get a Visa & Work Legally in Hong Kong?

September 17th, 2021

Posted in Employment Visas, The Hong Kong Visa Geeza, Visitor Visas, Your Question Answered /


This is the question most often asked of my profession really…




I was a sponsored by my uncle’s company for 2 years then we had an argument and I left.

Now I’m holding a visitor visa.

For 6 months I’ve sent my resume to more employers than I can count but when it comes to the visa they say “We will call you back”.

I’m from Zimbabwe, 24 years old, graduated from a Tourism and Hotels University and I’ve a girlfriend from Hong Kong for more than 2 years and we actually live together but we won’t get married for the visa also  I’m not ready.

So, how do you suggest I go about getting a work visa again?

Thank you so much for your time.

More Stuff You May Find Useful or Interesting

10 Must Have resources for a Hong Kong investment visa application

What’s the situation regarding the need for business premises as part of a Hong Kong investment visa application?

What are your visa options in Hong Kong if your marriage has irretrievably broken down?

The Hong Kong Immigration Department are out to deny – not approve – applications (aren’t they?)

The perils of contriving a job offer just for the purposes of a Hong Kong employment visa application




Please select the social network you want to share this page with:

The Hong Kong Visa Geeza (a.k.a Stephen Barnes) is a co-founder of the Hong Kong Visa Centre and author of the Hong Kong Visa Handbook. A law graduate of the London School of Economics, Stephen has been practicing Hong Kong immigration since 1993 and is widely acknowledged as the leading authority on business immigration matters here for the last 24 years.

Handbook Contents
Professional Service Options...