New Content Daily Sign Up Here

Your Questions Answered

Can I Get a Hong Kong Dependant Visa for My 91 Year Old Father?

December 18th, 2022

Posted in Family Visas, The Hong Kong Visa Geeza, Your Question Answered /


Why should age get in the way of family reunion?


My 91 year old father needs to come to live with me in Hong Kong because he has no one to look after him in the UK where he lives.

He has UK and Australian passports.

I have a flat I own in Hong Kong and considerable savings but very little income as I have retired from full time work and just do freelance work these days.

I am a Hong Kong permanent resident and I can definitely provide for my father.

Will I be able to get him dependant status?

More Stuff You May Find Useful or Interesting

Why would you choose Unconditional Stay after 7 years when the right of abode is available instead?

The 4 essential aspects of a Capital Investment Entrant Scheme visa approval

How can you establish your bona fides as a non-business frequent visitor to Hong Kong?

Will the Hong Kong Immigration Department extend your visitor visa if you ask them to?

Hong Kong visas – the long stay visitor’s awkward predicament




Please select the social network you want to share this page with:

The Hong Kong Visa Geeza (a.k.a Stephen Barnes) is a co-founder of the Hong Kong Visa Centre and author of the Hong Kong Visa Handbook. A law graduate of the London School of Economics, Stephen has been practicing Hong Kong immigration since 1993 and is widely acknowledged as the leading authority on business immigration matters here for the last 24 years.

Handbook Contents
Professional Service Options...