New Content Daily Sign Up Here

Your Questions Answered

Can Children Born in Hong Kong to Foreign Domestic Helpers Get Dependant Visas?

October 4th, 2013

Posted in Family Visas, The Hong Kong Visa Geeza, Your Question Answered /


I’ve been asked this question a few times down the years so I’m grateful for it finally being asked via this Blog


I was wondering why most foreign domestic helpers’children that were born in Hong Kong can get to local school and while my daughter who was also born here  is just given a student visa which means she can’t go to local school and can’t even apply for student financial remission scheme leaving me in debt…

More Stuff You May Find Useful or Interesting

Dependant visa proof of means – a chicken and egg situation for a couple relocating their business to Hong Kong

How easy (or hard) is it for a Chinese spouse resident in the Mainland to secure a dependant visa for Hong Kong?

Divorced? How can you prove that you have lawful custody of minor children if you wish to bring them to Hong Kong to live with you?

What is the bare minimum income and accommodation arrangements to suitably sponsor a Hong Kong dependant visa?

Should you ever get married just for Hong Kong visa purposes?




Please select the social network you want to share this page with:

The Hong Kong Visa Geeza (a.k.a Stephen Barnes) is a co-founder of the Hong Kong Visa Centre and author of the Hong Kong Visa Handbook. A law graduate of the London School of Economics, Stephen has been practicing Hong Kong immigration since 1993 and is widely acknowledged as the leading authority on business immigration matters here for the last 24 years.

Handbook Contents
Professional Service Options...