New Content Daily Sign Up Here

Your Questions Answered

Are There Any Realistic Long-Term Visa Options for Out-of-Work Foreign Domestic Helpers Seeking to Remain in Hong Kong With Their Boyfriends?

September 9th, 2020

Posted in Family Visas, The Hong Kong Visa Geeza, Visitor Visas, Your Question Answered /


Long-term visa options for out-of-work Foreign Domestic Helpers in Hong Kong?


This scenario play itself out frequently enough here in Hong Kong that it is worthy of an answer and I am grateful to the reader for raising the question – so here we go…


My girl friend is an Indonesian domestic helper who has just left her employment with a Chinese family – however, she wants to stay in Hong Kong with me.

Can you advise me on how this might be achieved?

More Stuff You Might Find Useful or Interesting

Should you ever get married just for Hong Kong visa purposes?

How can my FDH visa holding fiance transition into a dependant visa with 6-12 months to go before we are due to get married?

Is it ever possible to convert a FDH visa into a Hong Kong employment visa?

Why applying for a Hong Kong foreign domestic helper visa for your girlfriend is not a good idea

I have an employment visa and want to bring my girlfriend to live with me in Hong Kong – options please!




Please select the social network you want to share this page with:

The Hong Kong Visa Geeza (a.k.a Stephen Barnes) is a co-founder of the Hong Kong Visa Centre and author of the Hong Kong Visa Handbook. A law graduate of the London School of Economics, Stephen has been practicing Hong Kong immigration since 1993 and is widely acknowledged as the leading authority on business immigration matters here for the last 24 years.

Handbook Contents
Professional Service Options...