New Content Daily Sign Up Here

Your Questions Answered

Are Short Term Teaching Programmes Delivered by Non-resident Educators Subject to Normal Hong Kong Immigration Policy?

August 1st, 2022

Posted in Employment Visas, The Hong Kong Visa Geeza, Your Question Answered /


First Published August 2, 2017 – Now See This Update


As a school we regularly invite specialist teachers (generally musicians or artists) to visit from overseas and provide workshops for both students and staff.  We pay these specialists a fee and provide accommodation and flights.  Generally the visit will last two weeks.  Is it necessary to obtain an employment visa for these people?  We have asked the Immigration Department but they will not provide a definitive answer.  Many thanks.

More Stuff You May Find Useful or Interesting

What type of visa do you think you need for Hong Kong?

I will only be working in Hong Kong for 6 weeks should I bother getting an employment visa?

How can an overseas company temporarily sponsor employment visas permissions in Hong Kong?

Should you ever get married just for visa purposes?

How to establish your bona fides as a non business frequent visitor to Hong Kong




Please select the social network you want to share this page with:

The Hong Kong Visa Geeza (a.k.a Stephen Barnes) is a co-founder of the Hong Kong Visa Centre and author of the Hong Kong Visa Handbook. A law graduate of the London School of Economics, Stephen has been practicing Hong Kong immigration since 1993 and is widely acknowledged as the leading authority on business immigration matters here for the last 24 years.

Handbook Contents
Professional Service Options...